Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions about life at Rosemont? We’re ready to help, with answers to FAQs about our Main Line retirement community.
Why should I move to a community like Rosemont?
There are several reasons:
- You can “rightsize” your lifestyle by eliminating the expense, effort and uncertainty of owning and maintaining a home.
- You’ll enjoy the camaraderie of a close community of your peers.
- You’ll have peace of mind, knowing that future care is available, if needed.
- Studies consistently show that residents of communities like Rosemont tend to live longer, more active lives!
What is a Life Plan Community?
A Life Plan Community — also known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community or CCRC — offers maintenance-free living, complete with numerous amenities, dining, housekeeping, a wide array of social events, fascinating programming, security and a full range of health care services to meet our residents’ evolving needs. Rosemont is joined with our sister community to care for residents who need a higher level of care, such as skilled nursing services.
How is Rosemont different from a 55+ community?
Rosemont and 55+ communities both offer independent living options, active lifestyles and amenities. But what separates communities like Rosemont from 55+ communities is that they also offer the security of additional on-campus health care services.
What type of residence and floor plan choices are available?
Rosemont currently offers a wide range of residential choices, from apartments to cottages — each with its own special attributes and floor plan. Living options range from a cozy studio adjoining the community center to a luxurious, private, three-bedroom, two-bath cottage with scenic views.
See all floor plans.
What services does Rosemont offer?
When we say you’ll lead a maintenance-free lifestyle at Rosemont, we mean it. Just by selecting your apartment home or cottage, you’re entitled to a vast list of services designed to make life easier, including:
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Scheduled transportation service
- Trips to the theatre and orchestra
- Mansion available for resident events
- Guest accommodations
- Banking and convenience store
- Beauty and barbershop
- Smoke detection, alarm and sprinkler systems
- 24-hour security
Learn more about our services.
What lifestyle amenities does Rosemont offer?
Rosemont offers all of the amenities you’d expect from a world-class retirement community — and some you wouldn’t.
- A certified wildlife preserve on 10 acres of elegant gardens and woods
- A grand veranda overlooking the gardens
- Outdoor flower, herb and vegetable gardens
- Fitness area and wellness center
- Inspiring arts, crafts and woodworking opportunities
- Spiritual enrichment
- Year-round concerts, speakers and educational programs
- Library with thousands of books and periodicals, staffed by knowledgeable librarians
- A nine-foot billiard table fit for a mansion
- A grand piano in our majestic living room
- A quiet and beautiful neighborhood, perfect for a morning or evening stroll
What dining options are available at Rosemont?
Dining is more than nourishment for the body; it’s sustenance for the spirit. At Rosemont, you’ll enjoy:
- Three delicious meals daily, prepared fresh in our own kitchens by talented chefs, with fresh ingredients from local farms and fresh ideas from our Resident Dining Committee
- Well-equipped kitchens in many Rosemont apartments and all of our cottages
- Fully equipped community kitchen with dining tables where you can delight your guests
- The delightful experience of leisurely meals with friends, without having to shop, cook or clean up
- Take-out and dining delivery
- Private dining or catering for special occasions (mansion available for resident use)
Does Rosemont offer personal care?
Yes. Our dedicated personal care team provides daily assistance for residents in their own apartments, including help with bathing, dressing, housekeeping, medications and more.
Do I have to change doctors?
No. The choice is yours. You can keep your current physician, or if you prefer the convenience of an on-site doctor, Rosemont’s health center hosts two primary care physicians and numerous specialties — as well as lab services!
Do residents own their own apartment or cottage?
While it’s true that moving to Rosemont is not a real estate transaction, our entry fee options allow our residents to make the best choice for their financial portfolio. Our one-time community entrance fee option gives future residents access to the apartment or cottage of their choice. For details, please request a copy of our residency agreement.
What do monthly fees cover?
Rosemont’s affordable monthly fees include a dining plan, utilities, housekeeping, landscaping, scheduled transportation, social and cultural programming, entertainment and activities, 24/7 security, an emergency response system and more. The fees do not cover telephone or television; our residents typically wish to select their own customized packages.
Will Rosemont assist new residents with selling their homes or moving?
With over 62 exceptional years of experience, Rosemont knows the best of the best. We can recommend realtors, packing and planning services, auctioneers and more — all vetted by our very happy residents.
Are cats and dogs allowed?
Yes. There are size and weight restrictions, but most residents’ pets easily qualify. Rosemont residents enjoy walking their dogs on our grounds and through our lovely neighborhood.
Can we decorate the apartment or cottage?
Yes. Rosemont residents love customizing their new residences to suit their tastes. You can work with our team or have fun planning and decorating with family and friends. We can also recommend qualified interior designers who have helped other Rosemont residents.
Are grandchildren welcome?
Yes. Grandchildren, family members and friends are always welcome to join you for meals and entertainment or to enjoy our many other programs and events. As an added amenity, Rosemont offers guest rooms for your out-of-town visitors.
What if residents need medical attention for illness or injury?
Professionals are available 24/7 and are fully trained in emergency response. In addition, Rosemont’s robust wellness program features primary and specialty physician services, while our Health Center assists with everyday needs, such as coordinating appointments and refilling medications.
What is the best time to visit Rosemont?
We’re at your service. Just call 610-527-6500 or fill out and submit our Contact form to schedule your tour when it’s convenient for you. You can also attend one of our upcoming events, which will include a tour.
How do I become a resident at Rosemont?
Once you visit and decide to join our “estate community,” you will select an apartment that suits your fancy and complete an application for residency. Our sales counselors and move-in coordinator will help you from there. Questions? Please fill out and submit our Contact form or call 610-527-6500.